Don’t forget! Our monthly Desperate Moms book discussion group is scheduled for this Thursday morning at 10 a.m. We will begin to dig in to the new book “Desperate: Hope for the Mom Who Needs to Breathe” by Sally Clarkson and Sarah Mae.
Our group is open to everyone, so join us for coffee, conversation and an honest look at the introduction and first chapter of the book, entitled “Ideals and Going Under.” We’d love to welcome you to our little group of honest women that are struggling together to make heads or tails of parenting and “doing motherhood.”
Some of you who couldn’t make it last month asked me to “take notes” and fill you in. We marked the beginning of several new friendships and connections, and we talked about:
- Our kids – how many, how old and their unique personalities
- Our similarities – including autistic family members, little ones with hearing deficiencies, our love for canning, our desire to be better moms
- Our differences – age, where we grew up, what our hubbies do for a living, our faith expressions, and more!
- What this study is – a discussion group that centers around a book and has personal faith as one of its subtopics as it relates to mothering
- The need to support each other – Desperate Moms night out, anyone? Babysitter backup? The possibilities are endless…
So… if you are thinking of joining us, please do! I’ll make a little extra coffee and chocolate just for you. Need a copy of the book? Here’s a link to Mardel, where it was only $9.99 last time I checked. I picked up a copy at Barnes & Noble, but it cost a bit more. It’s also available for download to your Kindle here: Desperate: Hope for the Mom Who Needs to Breathe. Hope that helps!
Blessings on you and your beautiful family today,
- Desperate Moms (crossroadshomestead.wordpress.com)
- Desperate: Hope for the Mom Who Needs to Breathe (challies.com)
- Desperate by Sarah Mae & Sally Clarkson (unlimitedbookshelves.com)